We are proud to be a verified member of Bord Bia’s Origin Green Sustainability Programme since May 2018. This program brings together the Irish food industry – from farmers to food producers, retailers to foodservice operators – with the common goal of sustainable food production.
At Hope Beer we understand the importance of sustainability and are committed to doing everything we can to reduce the inputs into our brewery, minimise our impact on the environment and serve our local community more effectively
We have worked diligently on all parts of our business including the sourcing and usage of raw materials, energy efficiency and packaging waste to ensure we continue to do our part for the environment. Because our brewery was newly built in 2016 we started with a relatively energy efficient set up and each year since then, as our Origin Green certification is audited, we continue to set short and long-term goals to optimise our environmental impact.
- We endeavour to source 90% of grain from Irish producers
- We endeavour to source our packaging materials from suppliers that use recycled materials
- Our packaging materials are all recyclable
- We strive to reduce the amount of water we use. We measure this by the amount of litres of water we use per litre of beer brewed whilst maintain 100% cleanliness in the brewery
- We strive to maintain the amount of natural gas and electricity we use per litre of beer packaged.
- Social sustainability: we strive to support local community events